Thursday, August 16, 2012

Our Little Xmas Miracle!

Well, if you saw yesterday's Wordless Wednesday post, you may have some lingering questions.... The answer is, YES!!!! We're having a baby boy!!!!! A local birth mother has chosen us and she is due on Christmas day! I guess that's good and bad because, yes, we want him to come ASAP, but then again, we do have a lot to do in preparation of his arrival. This will allow us plenty of time to prepare his very masculine nursery, as well as hold a few more fundraising events (golf scramble, softball tournament, Gold Canyon candle sales).

Honestly, as God's timing always is, it will work out perfectly. I'll even be able to complete my bachelor's degree before he get's here. Thanks to Leslie's research regarding Jefferson Community College, I've switched over as a visiting student so I can complete my last four classes by the beginning of December. As I said before, His timing is always so perfect.

Now we're on the hunt for a crib, baby furniture, etc. We had some great friends donate a room full of baby toys which has already filled the room we plan on using for the nursery. That's such a good problem to have though :)

Right now, more than anything, I am requesting your prayers. Not for me, but for the birth mother, and that precious little baby boy growing inside her. Pray for their continued health; that their every need be provided; that God will somehow work His way into her life; and that He be glorified. It's very easy to succumb to the stresses of domestic and international adoption, but right now, we have to lean on Him. We love you all so much, and we look forward to sharing every detail of this with you!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! We are soooooo excited :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Congratulations! A Christmas miracle. I am so excited for you all. I will keep your family and your SON's birthfamily in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly all we want for XMAS :) And thank you so much for the prayer!!!!

      Delete
  3. A huge congratulations on your expected son! You'll have so many reasons to celebrate this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, we always do :) And it's crazy to think about, but if I decide to attend the commencement ceremony, my SON will get to watch!!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Leslie...of course you may always link to our blog if you would like. I think adoptions have an amazing ripple effect. I'd love to share my thoughts with your readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, but it's me, Mike, doing the typing here :) And you're definitely right about the ripple effect!!!

      Delete
  5. Praise God so excited for you all...been thinking about you guys and low-and-behold I check your blog..and a sweetie is oming home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherry!! We can't wait!!

      Delete

Don't forget to follow along with us by joining the site on the right side of the page. Thank you so much for sharing and God bless!