Monday, July 2, 2012

To God Be The Glory!!


I just want to begin by thanking God for the most exhausting week I can remember. We went into this yard sale with a very modest goal for the $ amount we could raise, but God had other plans. I think He wanted to use this time to remind us that He is in control of this adoption, and though $30,000 seems impossible to fundraise, all is possible through Him.


By Friday evening we had already cleared our goal, and the yard sale hadn't officially begun. We were amazed. We didn't know what to expect going into it so we kept our sights low. And apparently, we even marked our items to low. So low that we had a lady tell us on Friday that we weren't charging enough (we promptly raised most of the prices after that). The most amazing part of the whole process was the people. Once they realized the money was going towards our adoption, everybody wanted to chat, swap stories, and most importantly, no one wanted to haggled with us. I thought for sure I would have to fight a lady over a nickel at some point, but it never really happened :)


People were thrilled to find out that most of the items had been donated, and that all of the money was going directly towards our adoption expenses. I even had a lady walk up to me and hand me $20. I asked her where her items were, and she responded, "I don't need anything, but I wanted you to have this." And this was a total stranger. Even sitting here at my desk, 48 hours later, it brings me to tears.

I also want to thank all of you wonderful people out there who very graciously donated your unused items, as well as your time. Because of you, and your generosity, this yard sale was a huge success. God bless you all!

4 comments:

  1. Praise God! Isn't it awesome to see God show up at a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through a mutual friends.

    It is so exciting that you are on two separate types of adoption at the same time! My husband and I are adoption siblings from Ethiopia. We are in the middle of our homestudy. So thrilled to get on our waitlist soon!

    I loved reading about your fundraising ideas--it was so helpful!

    ~Jessica
    www.bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you guys are adopting siblings!! And I love your blog by the way.

      Hopefully we get to submit our dossier soon and get on the waitlist too :)

      Best wishes, we'll be praying for you guys!!!!

      Delete

Don't forget to follow along with us by joining the site on the right side of the page. Thank you so much for sharing and God bless!