Hey guys and gals!! In case you haven't heard, we got some big news on Tuesday. Our domestic adoption profile has been chosen by a birth mother (Marissa) from northern Kentucky, and the craziest part about it, she's due June 1st!! Leslie was able to talk to Marissa yesterday on the phone for almost two hours. They really seemed to click. Marissa informed Leslie several times that if she is to give Garrett up for adoption, she wants us to have him. Unfortunately, that is an if at this point. Marissa is undergoing one of the most difficult decisions a person can make in this life, and at the moment, she's unsure.
I ask that you pray with us for Marissa. That God will give her the strength and the courage to make the decision that is in accordance with His will. Pray that she remains healthy, and has a very normal pregnancy. Pray for the health of little baby Garrett. Pray that God makes clear to Marissa exactly where He wants him to go.
One thing we realized last night was that regardless of what happens with this, we have a new friend in Marissa. And whether we get to bring Garrett home, or Marissa does, this baby is going to be well loved and cared for. We have no doubt about that. Blessings.