Thursday, April 5, 2012

Men, It's Time To Man Up!

As most of you know, Leslie and I are still very much in the beginning of our adoption journey, but something has caught my attention. Now, let me apologize in advance, because I am certainly not looking to offend any of you men out there, I'm just taken back by something. I have been pouring over all the different adoption blogs out there and I noticed something, they're almost all written by the moms.

Granted, they are all written very well =) but nonetheless, written mostly by women. Why do you suppose that is? Now we all know women are definitely smarter, so it's safe to assume they will be better written if done so by the ladies, by why else? Within the adoption community, everywhere you look, you see two very committed, loving people adopting, but we only hear from one side.

Today I'm issuing a challenge to the adoptive fathers out there to start your own blog, or at least, post from time to time on the family adoption blog. Your opinion is just as important, and to other people such as myself, it may be the preferred one (just kidding ladies, we know the men don't have opinions).

In all seriousness, we need more men out there speaking up about adoption. The women have carried us long enough. It's time to stand up, take action, and most importantly, be the men God has called us to be. No longer will the women be alone in advocating adoption, and it's purpose within God's kingdom. We men will shoulder that responsibility.

For all you men out there, check out AdoptionFathers.com. They have a wealth of information available to you. Easy site to navigate, plus tons of helpful interviews, articles, videos, and more.


4 comments:

  1. Amen! Funny you should post this. My husband and I have been talking about the samething..:-)... I will have him start posting on ours..and who knows maybe his very own soon :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing his thoughts :) Thanks for posting!!

      Delete
  2. I totally second you- Its so rare to have fathers speak out and be involved with adoption in a more public way....maybe its because many times women are more public

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point Autumn. I do think it's time however for that to be a shared responsibility. Thanks for posting :)

      Delete

Don't forget to follow along with us by joining the site on the right side of the page. Thank you so much for sharing and God bless!